Discover (or continue to enjoy) basic mechanics of tabletop RPGs with this custom sci-fi fantasy adventure on the mysterious planet of Zerethea. The GM is a local artist and educator (MA, Media Studies, BA English Literature/Communication) who integrates rich opportunities for creativity and skill-building.
Camps familiarize players with core RPG mechanics (character builds, spell-casting, turn-based combat, exploration, etc), and develop skills in storytelling, strategy, cooperation, puzzle-solving, dexterity, basic arithmetic/measurement, improvisation, and more.
Please inquire about gaming experiences for adults.
No experience necessary, all genders welcome! Knowledge of RPGs is welcome but not expected. Contact Zerethea2@gmail.com for more info about upcoming camps and other sessions.
Beginning in September 2021, I’ll be adding 2 regular campaigns (weekly or bi-weekly). Space is limited, so please inquire for dates and times.
Ongoing After School Sessions
Prepaid: 4 Weekly (or bi-weekly) Sessions of 2.5 hours (10 hours total) ……… $200
Prepaid: 4 Weekly (or bi-weekly) Sessions of 3.5 hours (14 hours total) ……… $280
One-Shots and Intensive Camps
4 half-day sessions (4 hours each/16 hours total game time) ….. $380
3 half-day sessions (4 hours each/12 hours total game time) …… $285
1 half-day session (5 hours) …… $125
Email Helena for more information and to reserve a spot: Zerethea2@gmail.com
- Interactive game play sessions in small groups (4 max.); compared to larger programs, you’ll get an incredible degree of customization and play time
- PDF: Reference booklet and glossary for new and returning players
- PDF: Welcome to Zerethea illustrated adventure prologue
- PDF: Pre-built character sheets with profiles to choose from and customize (or create your own spread!)
- Print: Battle and area maps of Zerethea (*shipping not included; pick-up available in Vancouver area)
- Inclusive and adaptive story lines
- Zoom sessions with tactile components (blend of virtual and tabletop)
- IRL sessions TBA when appropriate (after COVID-19)
Supplies You’ll Need:
- Internet connection and Zoom set up (mic/cam/headphones)
- Paper and pencils (or note-taking device)
- D&D-compatible dice set (found at most game shops, or can be provided at extra cost)
- Pencil crayons/markers (optional)
- RPGs are a great, fun way to develop literacies and boost confidence, according to research by the Language and Literacy Education Commons
- Autism-informed sessions may be available. Please contact Zerethea2@gmail.com for more information or to discuss your child’s target skills and group placement
- Want to learn more about how RPGs help to develop skills in drama, creative writing, cooperation, math, literacy, strategy and more? Curious about how learning and play relate?
- Ask about incorporating ongoing sessions into your extra curricular or homeschooling program
Message Helena at Zerethea2@gmail.com for information